Thursday, June 17, 2010

Resistance and Reconciliation

I'm in my last full day in this land. I have spent time in Ramallah, Tel Aviv, Haifa, Jerusalem, Be'er Sheva, and a little beach close to Gaza... Ashkalon, I think it's called.

Wednesday night with the Lutheran young adults up at Augusta Victoria on the Mount of Olives was a highlight. We played volleyball, ate, and chatted about everyone's backgrounds and projects.

Today I'm going to visit at least one of two organizations that I want to share with everyone.

I'm definitely going to Tent of Nations with a group led by Jeff Halper and Bob Hofstetter. I'm really excited to learn more about this project.

I may not get to visit Musalaha, but I really enjoyed the videos they have linked to their site like this one of kids in at a summer camp in Beit Sahour and the intro video that's on their home page.

I have heard compelling arguments from different organizations about what is the first priority in responding to the occupation: reconciliation, justice, a pragmatic viable solution? I definitely think that having groups listen to each other's narratives (as Musalaha emphasizes) is an enormously important step.

No comments:

Post a Comment